E-learning Courses for humanitarian actors
- Kaya: an online learning platform for the humanitarian sector
Kaya is the Academy's online learning platform. Here you will find online elearning and in-person workshops that will help you learn what you need to take you where you want to go, whether you are a professional humanitarian looking for career development, or a community member supporting the response a crisis in your own country.
You will find: Online elearning content, Videos, Documents and files
E-learning Courses from Harvard Humanitarian Initiative. The Harvard Humanitarian Initiative offers the following e-learning programs for humanitarian actors:
- Humanitarian Needs Asssement training. This free online course seeks to prepare learners to recognize and analyze emerging challenges in the humanitarian field. The course explores the ethical and professional principles that guide humanitarian response to conflict and disaster. Participants will learn the legal and historical frameworks that shaped these principles, test their applicability to the challenges faced by humanitarian actors today.
- Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster Course. The Humanitarian Needs Assessment E-learning program is designed to provide an overview of the Humanitarian Needs Assessment process. The process can look very different depending on the scale of a disaster, the role of humanitarian organizations involved and the resources available to any particular organization or to organizations collectively at the country level. We’ll look at assessment from various angles—from the field level to the capitol level—and we’ll see the process through the eyes of an assessment coordinator as well as enumerators on the ground.
- The Building a Better Response e-learning course aims to enhance the capacity of national and international NGO workers and other humanitarian actors to engage with the international humanitarian coordination system in a manner that improves overall coordination and responds to the needs of crisis-affected populations.
- Access to all Resources and E-learning Courses from Harvard Humanitarian Initiative