Diaspora Humanitarian Training
This online training course has been created by DEMAC to provide diaspora responders with information, tools and guidance for enhancing a humanitarian response.
The course is made up of 3 modules which will take 125 minutes in total (extra time may be taken to complete activities in a supporting workbook) and you will be able to download a certificate after you have completed all the modules and the feedback form.
This course has been designed to enhance your knowledge in:
- The Humanitarian Principles
- Needs Assessments
- Safety & Security
- Accountability & Transparency
- Organisational Development
- Advocacy and Policy
- Project Development
- Bid Writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation
This course has been made in response to frustrations, questions and development assistance requests from diaspora organisations and their local partners.
The course will provide you with the following:
- Simple breakdown of the humanitarian principles
- Responses to the challenges diaspora face following humanitarian principles
- Increased knowledge in advocacy tools
- Steps to contribute to policy development
- What donors are looking for when funding projects
- Information for effective fundraising
- Recording the work you do to become a tool for partnerships and funding
- Monitoring and evaluation skills that apply to your project